Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Orange Juice Cake

Yellow cake mix
1/2 cup oil
small instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1 cup orange juice
(can use sunny delight)
(I like to use juice with lots of pulp to make this cake)
1-2 cups pecans
(I chop mine up, then decorate the edge of the plate with whole pecans)

Glaze
1 cup sugar
3/4 cups butter
1/2 cup orange juice
Boil for 2 min.

Preheat oven to 350


Spray bottom of bundt cake pan.
Put pecans in bottom and pour cake batter over pecans.
Bake 50-60 min.
While cake is still hot poke holes in cake and pour glaze into cake. The glaze will be more syrupy than a actual glaze.
Let cool completely.
Turn cake over and serve.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

I accidentally forgot to put my pecans in first, so I had to put them in last...now I do it all the time that way so the top of the cake is nice and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment