Friday, March 4, 2011

The Appetite of a Teenager

I know that most families house a teenager or two
at some point in time. 
Mine currently is only inhabited by one.
A boy.
A skinny boy.
Who most days can be a picky eater.
Who for years didn't eat much at all.
Who at times had to be prompted
to eat all three meals a day.
Who when little could live off of spaghettio's alone.
NOW I'm lucky if I get away with three meals per day. At least five would be considered the average number of meals for my teenager. No, I'm by far not complaining, in fact it is just the opposite because I am thankful for his appetite. I however am more amazed at the amount of food he can put away. And then turn around a hour later and utter "I'm hungry". I happen to snap a quick photo of a plate of food one night, it's just the middle of the plate.
Imagine it bigger, fuller, then later.....empty.
I may need to grow a garden....get a second job to support this food intake of his...buy a cow....LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment